OneTone Telecom Network Transparency Statement
In accordance with FCC regulations (47 CFR § 8.1(a)) applicable to all Internet service providers, OneTone Telecom provides the following information concerning its network management practices, the service’s performance characteristics, and commercial terms. If you have any questions about the following network practices, please contact us at [general customer service contact email / phone #].
1. Network Management Practices
- Blocking. OneTone Telecom does not undertake any practice, other than reasonable network management elsewhere disclosed, that blocks or otherwise prevents end user access to lawful content, applications, service, or non-harmful devices.
- Throttling. OneTone Telecom does not degrade or impair access to lawful Internet traffic on the basis of content, application, service, user, or use of a non-harmful device.
- Affiliated Prioritization. OneTone Telecom does not directly or indirectly favor some traffic over other traffic, including through use of techniques such as traffic shaping, prioritization, or resource reservation, to benefit an affiliate, including identification of the affiliate.
- Paid Prioritization. OneTone Telecom does not directly or indirectly favor some traffic over other traffic, including through use of techniques such as traffic shaping, prioritization, or resource reservation, in exchange for consideration, monetary or otherwise.
- Congestion Management. OneTone Telecom does not monitor customers network for congestion. OneTone Telecom monitors and maintains core network for congestion. OneTone Telecom does not control, monitor, or impact congestion after data leaves OneTone Telecom’s network. •
- Application-Specific Behavior. OneTone Telecom does not block or rate- control specific protocols or protocol ports, or otherwise inhibit or favor certain classes or applications.
• Device Attachment Rules. OneTone Telecom does not impose any restrictions on the types of devices and any approval procedures for devices to connect to the network as long as used in lawful manner.
• Security. OneTone Telecom actively monitors attacks on our network. OneTone Telecom works with other carriers to identify service attacks that are both external and internal. Customers are responsible for fixing any identified security breaches. OneTone Telecom is not liable for damage to customer’s network, hardware, data, or loss of business due to hacking. OneTone Telecom, at their sole judgement, will comply with all law enforcement to identify, gather data, report, and disclose any illegal activities customers conducting on OneTone Telecom network.
2. Performance Characteristics
• Service Description. OneTone Telecom provides fiber and wireless connections. These connections vary based upon geographical conditions and location of fiber. Fiber customers are offered services through GPON, Metro- E, and optical waves from 10mbps to 100Gbps connections. Fiber latency from network interface device to optical core is normally <15ms. Wireless connections are provided to customers in the mountains region perfect line of sight is not always obtained. Latency for some of these connections that are covered with foliage are <80ms. OneTone Telecom goal is to work to reduce the latency over time to these areas, but to strive to provide internet connections where no connections are available. Wireless speeds range from 3mbps to 100mbps. OneTone Telecom does not guarantee speed test results as these tests vary in many ways (application used, home/business network, wireless or physical connection to NID, router configuration, customer network congestion, customer network configuration, picking appropriate speed server, internet connections beyond OneTone Telecom’s network, customer hardware issues, QOS on customer’s network, etc. Speeds are sold “up to”.
• Impact of Non-Broadband Internet Access Service Data Services. N/A 3. Commercial Terms
• Price. OneTone Telecom provides different pricing levels based upon connection fiber or wireless. In cases where limited “line of sight” customers are charged different than customers with perfect line of sight as to provide customers with internet connections who would not have any internet connection without the limited connection. Fiber connections pricing are based on Service Level Agreements required by the customer and in most cases the construction of the fiber to the customer. Each connection has to go through engineering to be designed and connected. Many unknowns factor into our geographically diverse area. Please call OneTone at 864-985-1735 to inquire about a connection.
• Privacy Policies. OneTone Telecom does not inspect, store, or provide any network traffic information to any third-party for any reason. OneTone Telecom may look at traffic patterns to ensure stability of network, but will never look at packet payloads. OneTone Telecom does reserve the right at their discretion, to support law enforcement in tracking criminal abuse.
Redress Options. Practices for resolving complaints and questions from consumers, entrepreneurs, and other small businesses.